Curious how to make a pillow out of a throw blanket? It’s easy! Here’s a guide to help you:
- Choose a blanket that’s big enough for a pillow.
- Lay it flat then fold one short side into the center.
- Do the same with the other side.
- Then fold both ends in, overlapping slightly.
- Insert a pillow into this pocket.
- Roll the blanket tightly from one end to the other.
- Tuck any extra fabric.
Now you have a folded blanket that’s also a pillow! Not only does it save space, but it adds texture and comfort. Next time you want to change up your decor, use throw blankets for pillows. It’ll impress your guests! So, try it out – you’ll be amazed at what a folded blanket can do!
To make a pillow out of a throw blanket, you’ll need some supplies. Get:
- A throw blanket – Soft and pliable, like fleece.
- Pillow stuffing – Buy it at a craft store, like polyester or foam.
- Needle and thread – Sturdy enough to sew the blanket.
- Sewing pins – To hold it in place while sewing.
- A pair of scissors – For trimming excess fabric and threads.
An iron and ironing board are optional to press the fabric and make crisp edges.
When choosing a throw blanket, consider its size and texture. Pick one large enough and durable enough for the sewing process.
Lay it out flat, no wrinkles. Put the filling on one half, leaving space for sewing. Fold the other half over and use pins to secure it. Carefully stitch along the edges. Reinforce the stitches at corners. Turn it inside out, stuff the remaining filling, and sew up the opening. Trim any excess fabric or threads.
Now you have a cozy and stylish pillow from your favorite blanket! Enjoy the process of transforming it into something functional and beautiful.
Step 1: Lay out the throw blanket
To lay out the throw blanket for folding it into a pillow, start by choosing the right throw blanket. This sub-section will offer solutions and tips for selecting the ideal throw blanket for the folding process.
Sub-heading: Choosing the right throw blanket
Choosing the right throw blanket is essential for creating a cozy atmosphere in your home. Many options exist, so it can be overwhelming. But by considering a few key factors, you can find the perfect one.
- Material: Cotton, wool, and fleece all offer different levels of softness and warmth. Pick something that suits your preferences and climate.
- Size: Decide on size based on how you will use it. Smaller size for decoration, larger for extra coverage.
- Color & Pattern: Choose something that coordinates with your space. Solid colors are low key, and bold patterns can make a statement.
- Texture: Consider the texture. Smooth finish or more texture? Pick something that enhances comfort.
- Care instructions: Check the care instructions before purchasing. Ensure it can be cleaned and maintained.
- Layer multiple throw blankets for added warmth and dimension.
- Pair the throw blanket with pillows/cushions in coordinating colors.
- Have different throw blankets for different seasons.
- Embellish with monogramming or embroidery for a personal touch.
- A throw blanket makes for a thoughtful gift.
Choose wisely and you can create a cozy atmosphere with comfort and warmth!
Step 2: Fold one corner inward
- Grasp the throw blanket with both hands, one corner facing you.
- Fold this corner diagonally towards the opposite corner, forming a triangle.
- Grab the triangle tip and bring it to the center.
- Tuck the folded corner underneath the blanket to secure it.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with other corners until all are tucked and secured.
- Voila! You’ve successfully completed Step 2.
- Handle the blanket gently to avoid wrinkles.
- This folding technique has been passed down for generations. It’s amazing how practical knowledge can be used even today.
Step 3: Fold the opposite corner inward
Step 3 is a must-do for transforming your throw blanket. Here are 5 easy steps to get you started:
- Identify the corner diagonally opposite the one folded in Step 2.
- Fold it inwards towards the edge next to it.
- Smooth out all wrinkles and creases.
- Securely tuck it in, for a neat and symmetrical look.
- Give it a gentle tap or shake, to keep its shape and snugness.
Now, let’s get a bit more specific for a refined outcome. Improve your folding with these tips:
- Use ironing to remove wrinkles and folds.
- A flat surface like a table or countertop helps with alignment.
- Make sure each fold is precise.
These suggestions will help you achieve a perfect pillow from your throw blanket! Enjoy the cozy comfort of your masterpiece.
Step 4: Fold the bottom edge up to the top edge
To transform your throw blanket into a convenient pillow, follow these steps:
- Place the blanket on a flat surface, bottom edge up.
- Fold the bottom edge up to the top edge.
- Smooth out any wrinkles and creases.
- Press down firmly to secure the fold.
You can adjust the size of the pillow by folding more or less fabric. Experiment to find the desired cushioning.
A true story about this technique:
My friend had unexpected guests. She had no pillows! But then, she remembered this folding method. She grabbed the throw blankets and folded them into pillows just in time. Her guests were amazed! They comfortably enjoyed their visit, thanks to this trick.
For extra pillows or a creative way to use throw blankets, this folding technique is perfect. Give it a try and find out how functional and stylish it is!
Step 5: Secure the edges
To make a throw blanket pillow, follow these steps:
- Fold the bottom edge up towards the center.
- Fold both sides inwards, creating a neat package.
- Secure the folded edges together using pins or needles.
This will make sure the pillow stays in place. Don’t forget to tuck in all the corners for a polished finish!
I remember the time I had to make a pillow for a last-minute guest. It was tough, but I eventually got the edges right. Seeing the satisfaction on their face made it all worth it.
Make your throw blanket a pillow! It’s simple and efficient. Follow these steps:
- Lay it flat on a clean surface – no wrinkles or creases.
- Fold one side to the center, then the other. Now you have a long rectangle.
- Fold the bottom up two-thirds of the way.
- Then fold the top to meet the bottom, forming 3 layers.
- Roll it up tightly from one end to the other.
- Tuck in any edges or corners to keep its shape.
Voila! Enjoy a multifunctional throw blanket that looks great too! Try this trick today!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I fold a throw blanket into a pillow?
To fold a throw blanket into a pillow, start by laying the blanket flat on a surface. Fold the blanket in half lengthwise, making sure the edges align. Then, fold the blanket in half again, matching the edges once more. Finally, fold one of the shorter ends towards the center, followed by the other end, until the blanket forms a compact, pillow-like shape.
2. Can any type of throw blanket be folded into a pillow?
Yes, most types of throw blankets can be folded into a pillow. Whether it’s made of fleece, knitted fabric, or any other material, the folding technique remains the same. Just ensure that the blanket is a suitable size for folding into a pillow shape.
3. Is it necessary to secure the folded blanket to maintain the pillow shape?
No, it is not necessary to secure the folded blanket. Once the throw blanket is properly folded into a pillow, the pressure from the tight folds generally keeps it in shape. However, if you prefer, you can use a safety pin or other similar items to secure the ends of the folded blanket for added stability.
4. Can I unfold the throw blanket pillow back into a regular blanket?
Absolutely! Folding a throw blanket into a pillow shape does not alter its original nature. To use the throw blanket as a regular blanket again, simply unfold the folds in reverse order. Start by unfolding the shorter ends, then unfold the blanket in half twice until it’s fully stretched out.
5. Are there any alternative methods to folding a throw blanket into a pillow?
Yes, there are a few alternative methods you can try. One method involves rolling the throw blanket tightly to form a cylinder shape, then tucking the ends into the center to create a pillow-like appearance. Another method is to fold the blanket into quarters, then roll it up from one end to the other. Experiment with different techniques to find what works best for you.
6. Can I wash the throw blanket after folding it into a pillow?
Yes, you can wash the throw blanket even if it has been folded into a pillow shape. Just unfold the blanket back into its original form before washing or follow the specific washing instructions provided by the manufacturer. Folding the blanket into a pillow does not affect its washability.